Thursday, May 8, 2008











The Last Six Months . . .

I suppose before jumping back on to the family blogging bandwagon, I should probably give a little update on the family happenings for the last 6 months . . .
October 2007

The Girls were so cute for Halloween. My Emma was a "Sunflower Princess". She loves Sunflowers and spent every possibly moment playing in the sunflower butterfly garden we made last summer that sits outside her window. I think in August she announced to me that she wanted to be a "Sunflower Princess" for Halloween. I thought this would be a cinch to whip up without a pattern. I wish I could say it was (but that would be slightly deceitfully remembering the countless hours spent in my sewing room in the weeks leading up to Halloween and the numerous beta versions that I produced before the final product). But I must say, she is the cutest little Sunflower Princess there ever was!
Ellie was an angel. She had decided on this months prior as well. Her costume was a much easier endeavor! Halloween becomes a much more significant holiday with little ones. Truly, they have already been discussing what they might be for this upcoming Halloween. Ellie was a beautiful angel! This year was the first time she really grasped the possibilities that a night of door to door begging can hold! Up until now, we could get away with a few neighbors and stopping by a couple of friends houses before calling it a night. Her friend invited her along to Trick-or-Treat with her and her Dad, and Bryce and Emma joined in for an hour or so. Ellie was far from ready to call it a night when by the time that Emma and Bryce were ready to head home. Her friends parents dropped her off maybe an hour and a half latter, and I knew from that sparkle in her eye (maybe I could describe it more as a crazed look!) that the short "family" Halloweens of past were no more. C'est la vie! And this was the first year I couldn't get away with hucking all her candy after a few days. She was totally on to me!

No comments: