Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bye Bye Baby

Can it be???
How can my littlest one be off to preschool? (This is actually preschool, take II). We tried a Montessori school last year, but she wasn't such a fan (understatment) so we scrapped that plan after two months. And I am so glad we did! Our children are children for so precious little time, that I am so grateful, I had that extra year of "mommy school" time (what we would call the time we spent together when older sis was off at Kindergarten or preschool).

Ok, I can't lie, having those 9 hours a week do provide me with a little sanity time, but honestly, it is bittersweet. Next year she'll be in Kindergarten, and then first grade and that is 5 days a week until almost 4:00 (I know, not a news flash or anything - but as I've realized with Ellie, thats a lot of time, and frankly, if I had to choose - I'd rather be with the E's!). Plus there's no going back - this is the beginning of the rest of their lives AWAY from MOM!

We definately hope that we will be able to add more to our family of 4, but for now, having my baby Emma be a big preschooler (had her first field trip today) is a little bittersweet. But let's all take a collective "ahhhh" at how cute she is! (Don't gett annoyed at how miopic I might seem about motherhood here, although adorable, and untradable - The E's do induce frequent bouts of total insanity - which I am farely certain is a common emotion among mothers world wide). But give my girls up for a more sane life - NEVER!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: