Wednesday, September 26, 2007

School Days

So Ellie is a big first grader now. She goes to Boulton (yes, rhymes with Moulton) Elementary. I promise last time I checked she was just a baby. Sometimes I still feel like someone is going to spot me at her school and call me out as a "a Real Mom Imposter". Parent Teacher conference still seems like something that my mom goes to on my behalf, not something Bryce and I attend regarding OUR daughter. Just strange!


Ellie is such a smart little whipper snapper! I told her that I would buy her the American Girl Doll "Kit" (the girls from the Great Depression Era, which is being released as a full length movies sometime around Christmas I think). Anyway . . . that I would get her Kit, when she reads her first 100pg. book. She is definately working on it. Plus she is just dying to read the Junie B. Jones books "by herself"! For those of you you who aren't familiar with Junie B. she is like the "Romona Quimby" of our generation.

Ellie is so smart and talented, I think maybe her most highly skilled talent lies in the art of manipulation though! WOW - how can a 6 year old be so tricky! But hey - hopefully she'll put her "people skills" (a more positive way of looking at it) to good use as she gets older! It is just so hard to get mad when she is so hilarious about everything. Dramatic you ask? Well the answer would be yes! (of course she gets that gene from Bryce - what a drama King that guy is! hee hee).

I have had to adjust to full day school though quite a bit. I really wasn't prepared for her to be gone that long! The bus doesn't drop her off in the afternoon until 10 min. to 4:00pm. And with Emma in preschool in the morning 3 days a week, I find myself a little lonely sometimes! (except right now, when my darling E's are screaming at each other, I just block it out and go to a happy place !)

I am SO excited for my darling Sister-in-Law Paige to move back up to Utah, so I can spend some time with with my only Nephew and Niece (Max and Kate). I might just have to steal them away from their Mommy here and there!.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: